There are many misinterpretations about cyber liability exposures. Are you comfortable that you understand and are covered for cyber liability exposures? These five misconceptions are the biggest mistakes organizations can make.
- Cyber breaches are mostly a result of foreign offshore sophisticated hackers who are only targeting large retail and healthcare systems.
- All cyber exposures are covered under general liability coverage.
- Using cloud storage service reduces risk and liability.
- We’re too small to be a target for cyber extortion.
- The cost of a cyber breach is limited to notification expenses and credit monitoring.
Does your practice fall victim to one of these popular misconceptions? If you are, we hope to change your mind regarding the severity of this matter.
The bottom line on this matter is: cyber liability exposures are a constant threat to today’s businesses. Not only do organizations need the proper insurance coverage, they also need to get educated on cyber liability. There also needs to be a plan for when breaches do happen. Please do not take this topic lightly; you never know what tomorrow holds.
Read more on the details of the Big 5 Misconceptions on the Ultra Risk Advisors website:
ECMA partners with Danna-Gracey who have partnerships with the top Cyber carriers in the country to cover all of their member’s needs, regardless of the size of a practice. Please visit our site to see more on what the ECMA can offer you.